Father's Day is the time to recognize your dad, and other men in your life. Take some time out of your weekend to spend with the special guy for a campout or a backyard BBQ. Whatever you choose to do, our recipe for Pan-Seared Steak with Gorgonzola Butter is sure to please any dad.
Pan-Seared Steak with Gorgonzola Butter
Yields 4 servings.
For the butter:
4 Tbsp. Butter, softened
4 Tbsp. Gorgonzola Cheese
1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
For the steaks:
4 Strip Steaks
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking in order for the steaks to reach room temperature before cooking. Season both sides of each steak with salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. Heat large, heavy cast iron skillet over medium heat. You can also use a grill or an open flame with a grate if camping. To test if properly heated, sprinkle a drop of water into the bottom of the skillet. If it dances, the skillet is properly heated.
3. Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of the skillet and make sure it is well-coated.
4. Place each steak into the skillet and cook over the medium heat for two minutes. Flip and cook the other side of the steak for about two minutes. Test for doneness. Cook longer if needed to reach the level of doneness desired.
5. Remove from heat and allow to rest for about five minutes in the skillet.
For the butter:
1. Cream together butter, Gorgonzola cheese, and fresh parsley.
2. Place one tablespoon of herbed butter onto the top of each steak and allow to melt over the sides.
Let us make your celebration easy. Contact us today to put together an order for Father's Day or any other occasion in your life!